Transform your house into a wonderful living space for yourself and family by embarking on CSG basement renovation in Aurora city. This will increase the value of your home and create enough space for your household. You can consult the services of a professional architect or a building contractor to proffer remodeling ideas and designs for your basement. An additional bedroom, a library, a studio, a playroom, a home office, a guest room, and even a bar can be constructed from the space in the underground room.
Here are the steps to follow and remodel your basement perfectly.
- Hiring an architect and a building contractor.
- Demolition of unwanted structures
- Reconstruction and repairs.
- Installation of fixtures and fittings.
- Final assessment.
You need to take the following steps during the planning stage such as:
- Assessing the basement and marking the structures or areas that need demolition and renovation.
- Make a sketch of the space you want to reconstruct on a paper including the fixtures and fittings, interior and exterior walls, and even electrical installations.
- Getting a renovation permit from the building council in your area before the job begins to avoid embarrassment.
- List out the structures or units that will be in the new space like a kitchen, bathroom, library, home office, guest suite, studio, bar, and bedrooms.
- Create a space for an emergency exit in your basement.
- Fix a budget for the contract.
- Decide on the completion date.
- Engage an architect and a building contractor that will turn your ideas into reality.
Hiring an Architect and Building Engineers. Best renovation contractors CSG Renovaion - basement renovation.
Basement renovation requires the services of professional architects and civil engineers to avoid causing undue damage to the foundations of the house. They will also help you in ratifying your budget and ensuring the contract will be completed within the stipulated time. We also provide a best garage door repair service, which is a new business.
Basement renovation requires the services of professional architects and civil engineers to avoid causing undue damage to the foundations of the house. They will also help you in ratifying your budget and ensuring the contract will be completed within the stipulated time.
And people often want to make a basement under the garage, and order the repair of the garage with a basement in which they can make a separate room. But it's not safe, exhaust fumes can kill.
Demolition of Unwanted Structures
The builders will demolish unwanted and outdated structures using their power tools such as:
- Power drill.
- Demolition saw.
- Vacuum filter
- Large and small pry bars.
- Garbage bags and dustpan.
- Side cutters.
- A big hammer.
- Angle grinder with masonry disc.
After gathering all these equipment, ensure that electricity supply to the basement is cut off to prevent electrocutions and death. Also, turn off the water supply to the basement and avoid leakages. Gather all the debris and throw into the garbage bin to allow more space for reconstruction.
Reconstruction and Repairs
Before reconstruction and reparation of the basement, look out for:
1) Cracks or openings on the wall.
2) Minor fractures on the floor.
3) Water leakage or moisture on the walls and floor.
If you notice any of these faults, you can use cement or other concrete repair substances to block the holes.
Some of the tools and materials you need for basement reconstruction are:
- Hammer drill.
- Measuring tape.
- Plumb bob.
- Nail gun.
- Miter saw.
- Hand saw.
- Laser level.
- Marker or pencil.
- 2.5 inches – 3 inches long construction screws.
- Power drill.
- Boxes of 10D bright spiral nails.
- 4 inches long tapcon concrete screws.
- Four-foot level.
- Pressure treated lumber and many 2 × 4 × 8 lumbers.
With these tools and materials, you can erect the walls. Two basic methods can be adopted for raising the walls:
- I. Attaching the bottom plate and top plate before placing the studs between them.
- II. Constructing level wall sections on the ground before raising them up.
Moreover, an ordinary wall is made up of three units, which are the studs, the top plate, and the bottom plate. The studs are arranged from ceiling to the floor in a vertical position. The top plates are placed along with the ceiling horizontally. The bottom plates are aligned horizontally along the floor.
Installation of Fittings and Fixtures
After dividing the basement into the various residential units you need and constructing the walls. Begin to install the fittings and fixtures, which include
- i. Fittings – bed, settee, cupboards, and other furniture, curtains and rails, washing machines, refrigerators, and carpets.
- ii. Fixtures – toilets, sinks, baths, wall paintings, kitchen units, plugs, lights, boilers, and radiators.
Before moving into your newly reconstructed building, you need to assess the work done by the contractors. This will help you to ascertain if it is according to your standard and style. You may opt for some modifications before packing into your new apartment.